3-30-2011 – Hello gang. Looks like VIP Dinners and other food stuffs do not work anymore. That’s just how to cookie crumbles. Goal items still work, though you will ALMOST ALWAYS see the “something wrong in the kitchen message.” Hope you got goodies while it lasted. ~The Facegamer
So Cafe World has a new-ish feature: the coffee machine. You now have an energy bar similar to the energy in FrontierVille, Treasure Isle and now YoVille too. Brewing coffee takes energy instead of money, and returns cash, CP, and buzz. The energy regenerates, but it takes quite a long time. That’s where this post comes in. [fb-share]
This works in much the same way as the VIP Dinner Overload. If you are familiar with that, this should be easy for you. This will not work for everyone, and I have no way of knowing who or why. It’s worth a shot. You’re not losing anything over it.
Each of the pictures below represents one gift of 2 energy.
- Select the picture of the ingredient that you want. A new window/tab will open. (It may take a minute or two to fully load – that’s a problem in Cafe World and not something I can control)
- NEW: Paste your friend’s Facebook ID after “from=0” and press enter.
- Close that window, and select another picture.
- If you’re not getting all the ingredients, refresh THIS BLOG PAGE and try again. Doing so gets new timestamps, making it much likelier you’ll get what you need the second time around.
- Share this page with your friends!
Troubleshooting (and other things that you need to know)
- This is hard to explain so please bear with me. Everyone has a certain amount of “free-floating” gifts that they can accept a day. These free-floating gifts don’t have to come from anyone in particular. Zynga uses them as padding to honor a gift that would have otherwise been rejected by the system. Everyone has between 12-24 of them a day.. the exact number is hard to determine and is dependent on a lot of variables. Let’s just say 12 for simplicity sake.
- Overloads such as this one take advantage of the free-floating gifts system. Rather than use your free-floating gifts for whatever dumb or cheap thing your friends sent you, you can use them for something valuable and effective, such as VIP Dinners. I would much rather have 200 servings of a 99coin meal (VIP Dinner) than whatever the 3coin meal of the day happens to be. If I had to choose.
- You still get gifts from friends after you use up your free-floaters. But some of them that were glitchy won’t be honored anymore. It’s really not a big loss.
So with that in mind, here’s what you can do to make sure you get as MANY of these dinners as you can.
- Come to The Facegamer to collect Overloads BEFORE you accept your normal gifts for the day.
Why? Accepting gifts can use up some of your free-floating gift quota. Remember that you get about twelve TOTAL, not each. So any combination should be fine as long as it’s 12 or less. 6 VIP and 6 Energy is ok, but you’re probably not going to get 12 VIP and 12 Energy
- Don’t use notes found on Facebook that have Super Sliders, Lobster Dinners, etc.
Why? They also are designed to purposely use up your free-floating gift quota. You have to make a decision. Do you want Super Sliders (4 coins each), Lemon Butter Lobster (9 coin each) or VIP Dinner/Salad (99 coin each). You can only pick so many a day.
- Clearing your cache does occasionally help you collect these gifts, but not all the time. You can find very good and detailed instructions at Zynga support site, here: How to Clear your Cache
- Sometimes refreshing THIS page might help you too. A friend helped develop a way to keep the timestamps fresh so I wouldn’t have to manually update them every day like I used to. But we’re still tweaking the code on the site. I’m not very good at coding.
|Where to from here?|
Share this page
with your friends!
|Posts you may also enjoy:|
Cafe World is a trademark of Zynga Game Network. All graphics are the copyright of their owners.
ATTENTION 2-28-2011 ~ GOOD NEWS. You can still claim freebies by adding a friend’s Facebook ID to the link where it says “from=0”. Change the 0 to the Facebook ID of one of your friends. For a better explanation, please visit Making the Links Work Again. ~The Facegamer.