ATTENTION 2-28-2011 ~ GOOD NEWS. You can still claim freebies by adding a friend’s Facebook ID to the link where it says “from=0”. Change the 0 to the Facebook ID of one of your friends. For a better explanation, please visit Making the Links Work Again. ~The Facegamer.
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. Here’s a gifter for the new Salad Bar project. This is an alternative way of completing the project, which many people seem to prefer. Especially since as (as of this writing) the normal ask-for way does not work right. The gifter part is towards the middle of this post, after a lot of explanations that I would appreciate you reading. Towards the bottom is some help with the ingredients.. some onions and baby carrots specifically.
Normally, you would have to send “ask for” type requests from inside the game to specific friends and hope and hope some more that you picked the right type of friends that would respond to your request.
Instead, you can use this by linking it to your wall, and asking in general that any available friends send you whatever part you happen to need. This is how I use gifters like this. I link it, ask for whatever part, and remove it from my wall as soon as I get what I need, then repost it, and ask for a different part.. remove it when I get the parts I need.. etc etc.
Alternatively, you can just use this to gift the parts to your friends.
You’ll need 1 Display Case base, 2 Sneeze Guards, 4 Salad Boxes and 2 Salad Tongs.
One important thing that you need to be aware of: When you accept a gift from someone who used this to send a gift to you.. it will go straight to the game, but the gift will be in your Zynga Message Center, waiting for you to accept it. This is a screenshot from my game to show you what it looks like:
- Select the picture of the item that you want to gift. A new window/tab will open. (It may take a minute or two to fully load – that’s a problem in Cafe World and not something I can control)
- Select the friends that you wish to receive the gift.
- If you need to send different parts, come back here and select a different gift.
- Share this page with your friends!
The second part of this post is a little help for the restocking part where you are tasked with completing a series of actions in order to add an ingredient to your salad bar. The more ingredients you have completed in your bar, the more money your normal everyday dishes sell for.
So far as I’ve seen, the Yellow Onions and Baby Carrots have an ask-for component that I can help you with. Here’s an overview of the three ingredients so far:
If you have collected VIP dinners or other Overload type goodies from this site today.. these will probably not work. You only get a few free-floating goodies that you can collect a day, and these will probably count against your quota. Just letting you know. Some people tell me that the baby carrots and onions appear in their inventory EVEN THOUGH they get the “something’s wrong in the kitchen” error message.
Selecting each of the pictures below will open up a new window showing you that you accepted the item. I tried it on my own game and it worked fine for me… I hope it works ok for you too (no promises though.) I have not gotten past this quest yet (still building my own Mr. Snowball) so I don’t know if the 3rd quest has stuff we need.
- Select the picture of the ingredient that you want. A new window/tab will open. (It may take a minute or two to fully load – that’s a problem in Cafe World and not something I can control)
- NEW: Paste your friend’s Facebook ID after “from=0” and press enter.
- Close that window, and select another picture.
- If you’re not getting all the ingredients, refresh THIS BLOG PAGE and try again. Doing so gets new timestamps, making it much likelier you’ll get what you need the second time around.
- Share this page with your friends!
- Cook French Onion Soup 10 times – You only need to cook them, not serve
- Clean 10 times – you can cook a shorter-time dish like guacamole and chips and let it spoil. I had to put away my No Clean Fairy.
- Spice 5 friends stoves – self explanatory
- Serve Spitfire Roasted Chicken 2 times – this will take about a day, depending on your stove type
- Serve 10 cups of Cup O’ Joe – pretty simple
- Get 10 Onions – ask friends or see below.
- Serve Tikka Masala Kabobs 10 times – they only take an hour or so
- Spice 5 friends stoves – spicing works for both this and cucumbers
- Get 20 Baby Carrots – ask friends or see below.
If you still need the other Cafe World gifters, here they are:
- Fridge Parts Gifter
- Mr Snowball Parts Gifter
- Holiday Tree Parts Gifter
- Prize Machine Gifter
- Deep Fryer Gifter
- Queen Deep Freeze Gifter
- Collection Cabinet Gifter
- Drinks Bar Gifter
- Anniversary Stove Parts Gifter
- Lightning Stove Parts Gifter
- Spice Rack Parts Gifter